How to plant plants in a 2.5 gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

potatonick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I've just started fish keeping, and i've decided i'd like to plant real plants in my tank. However, i don't know what to do. What is cheap substrate i can use, what materials do i need (fertilizers, etc.), and most importantly, what plants can I use? Thanks!
(oh yeah, i have a 2.5 gallon aqueon mini bow tank with a happy betta. filtered, and soon will be heating for winter)

I have a 3.5 gal betta tank with one fish in it and planted the plants I bought at PetSmart in regular gravel at the bottom. One of them I just left floating because I wanted the shade. All plants are doing fine! I haven't given them any fertilizer or anything. I might in the future if they start to look bad. Just wash them off before you put them in the tank. I posted a picture yesterday under freshwater getting started section of forum. I was having heater trouble...Good luck!

A lot of popular plants in the hobby like java ferns, anubias, sword plants, and most mosses and Marimo moss balls do not need anything but light. Most plants I listed could probably do fine with just ambient room ligting

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom