How was this deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so i bought a 30 gal tank with hood and light, (2) penguin bio wheel 150's, (1) 200 watt marineland heater, digital thermometer, and all kinds of little odds and ends. i payed 50$ for all of it. How did i make out?

Very good deal. I got my 29 gallon Marineland Eclipse with stand for $50. I had to spend another $10 for a used heater. I thought I got a good deal, but you really got the better deal because yours included more stuff.

Luckily I found someone who is trying to get rid of a complete 10 gallon for $1 :D

very nice!!! Of coarse being older has it's disadvantages. My fiance loves the tank but says it either the 30 gal or the two 10 gal. I'm guessing i'm going to keep the 30 gal with my established 55gal and sell my completed 10's ;)

That is a steal! And I wish we had some more yard or garage sales around here, whenver there are I'm busy so I don't get to see if there's a tank around!

I've been looking over CL a LOT lately. That seems like the "slightly better than average" deal if you wait it out and really search a lot. That said, it's a great deal in comparison to buying new. :) Good find!

Thanks everyone. Gotta love that craigslist. just got to be patient. The best deals are the people who are moving and are desperate to have the tank out of there house asap. they can be haggled down!!

I check craigslist everyday and search "aquarium" and "fish tank". Its impossible to miss a good deal, but I'm too late most of the time.

I check craigslist everyday and search "aquarium" and "fish tank". Its impossible to miss a good deal, but I'm too late most of the time.

My new search terms are:
aquarium
tank
fish
terrarium

IF I'm capping the price parameter to like 50 bucks. (Otherwise I'll tie fish and tank together. )

My new search terms are:
aquarium
tank
fish
terrarium

IF I'm capping the price parameter to like 50 bucks. (Otherwise I'll tie fish and tank together. )

Goodness that kind of searching will land you all the great daily deal and steals! I cap at $30, and $50 when I feel like a heavy spender (y)

Back
Top Bottom