How would you breed rummy nose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been wandering how to do this for a while and I was wondering if anybody out there knew anything? Thanks

I have been wandering how to do this for a while and I was wondering if anybody out there knew anything? Thanks

Most Tetras prefer warm, soft acidic water with a lot of plant life to scatter their eggs in. It's best done in a separate tank from the main tank as Tetras are known to eat their own eggs. If you can tell the difference between your males and females, keep them in separate tanks and condition them for spawning with good high protein foods added to their diet. If you can't keep them separated or don't have a separate tank to spawn in, most likely spawning attempts will not yield any or many fry.

Hope this helps (y)

Personally I think it is not worth the effort, they are so difficult. Most of the ones you buy at the store are wild caught. IMO if the fish suppliers could breed their own fish to sell, they would do it.

Harliquens are hardy IMO. If you want to breed something other than a live bearer, Danios would be a good start. I would personally try the Celestial Pearl Danios, and if you can't find those, Glo Danios. Even Zebra Danios.

Personally I think it is not worth the effort, they are so difficult. Most of the ones you buy at the store are wild caught. IMO if the fish suppliers could breed their own fish to sell, they would do it.

When I first started breeding fish back in the 1960s, most of the fish we had to choose from were wild caught fish. If you really want to breed these Tetras, the big key is soft, acidic water and an adjustable heater. If you don't have these, you pretty much won't get them to breed. Tank bred specimens can be a better option as some have adapted better to other water types.

Hope this helps(y)

When I first started breeding fish back in the 1960s, most of the fish we had to choose from were wild caught fish. If you really want to breed these Tetras, the big key is soft, acidic water and an adjustable heater. If you don't have these, you pretty much won't get them to breed. Tank bred specimens can be a better option as some have adapted better to other water types.

Hope this helps(y)

That's for the soft water part because where I live ph is really low and the water is really really soft!

Back
Top Bottom