Huge emergency! New Setup Overstocked and not Cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Through all of this @ AndrewsPistol - you are keep a great sense of humor! And being a true trooper!

The cloudiness is most likely from your first bacterial bloom. It's a good thing, and it will pass in a week or so. Hang in there!

At least you've got something so you can change your water now.
Yea, I was in a frenzy lol, I couldnt believe my eyes when I seen this stuff! I do have to check for expiration dates though, that place is notorious for selling things that are expired.

AndrewsPistol said:
I only bought it because it said that it removes metals and toxins :)

But you shouldnt add anything but the dechlorinator until you get your test kits!

Through all of this @ AndrewsPistol - you are keep a great sense of humor! And being a true trooper!
I am trying! I really wanted to do this right! One step forward, two steps back! I just thank my lucky stars that all of you are here to help me, if it wasnt for you all I probably would have killed my fish!

But you shouldnt add anything but the dechlorinator until you get your test kits!
Ok, done deal! Nothing but dechlorinator! Im hoping the test kit arrives in 2 days, I paid for expedited shipping and I wont feel comfortable till it gets here!

AndrewsPistol said:
Ok, done deal! Nothing but dechlorinator! Im hoping the test kit arrives in 2 days, I paid for expedited shipping and I wont feel comfortable till it gets here!

I ordered from amazon and got it in 3 days.

AndrewsPistol said:
Yes, Plenty! Should I move the air stone to the big tank?

Not unless you just want to, since the hob is making alot. Did u download this app for your phone?

Welcome, and don't feel bad - you're doing the right thing by researching. Read up on that link, and post any questions you have. The fish will be fine as long as you keep on top of testing, and partial water changes.
Obviously, don't go to this pet store for any aquarium advice. Good luck with it, and post some pictures.

I stay on it constantly. I've learned so much. Have you put the DW in the tank?
I havent, I really want too! But I better just shop around for a different piece. It is a very pretty shape tho, with a bunch of holes for swimming around it, I should have known it was too good to be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom