Husband hates snails...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seepu

Aquarium Advice Freak
What to do? What to do??

He is absolutely mortified by them. He doesnt care if they pooped a pound of gold a day, and laid diamond eggs... he is begging me to pick them out of the tank... ( no snails yet, still waiting on my LR )

I know how beneficial they can be... so whats a happy medium? Are there any starfish that will keep the glass as clean, without disturbing the sand bed? Is keeping the tank relatively snail free even possible?

:crazyeyes:

There's always the Mag-float.

You're likely to get snails on your live rock. You could use the hyper or hypo saline treatment to try to drive critters out of the rock for sorting, but I don't know how well snails respond to that.

sounds a bit silly to me....

as far as your question tho, nothing does the work of a snail really.

I would like to get more snails and flush the hermits. Nassarius snails are a hoot...watching those lil antenna sticking out of the sand and then rise up out of the sand like Dune worms at feeding time.

I agree that they are a must as part of a cleaning crew. Sometimes you have to realize what`s best and set your personal feelings aside.

He has given up on trying to convince me that I don't need snails. I guess I have just worn him down, and he's tired of me dragging him to fish stores to show him that they are just gonna be part of our new tank.

Thanks, guys... your posts helped turn the tide.

:wink:

Yup! I'm with him. Wasn't a fan of snails until I really got tired of cleaning the tank WAY MORE than was needed. Plus I wasn't too keen on disturbing my little friends in the tank as well. Them Hermit Crabs and Snails do kick butt on the cleaning job for you.

Back
Top Bottom