Hydnophora bleaching/tissue death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flreefer

Aquarium Advice Addict
carey said:
The same thing was happening to my purple stylo, I wasnt sure if it was too much light or not enough. I have since moved the coral down a bit and it is actually starting to grow back it's purple fuzz on the lower half. The coral receded from the bottom up by the way which is what SPS does when it starts to go....

I;m sure you can find some other spot for it, gotta be room somewhere lol\

How high is the intensity on that AI sol that you use? Maybe you can adjust it down for a bit....

Carey, I'm getting the same thing from my Hydnophora, have been for awhile, it's at the very top of the tank. Could it be too much light? I've got a lot of light on it.

I think it might be too much light. I had mine on a frag rack pretty high up so I lowered it to mid tank level, about 12 inches lower and have seen mine make a comeback.

i think alot of people will say it needs way intense lighting but they dont realize that we HAVE crazy intense lighting already so that has to be taken into account. I'm having this issue in my 60g cube with the new LED's so I think we may have more light than it actually needs. Also the flow is very important with these corals too so make sure he is in a pretty high flow area, not directly on it of course but enough flow to keep it moving.

Thanks much, it will be tough to move but I've got to try, grew it from a frag, and don't want to lose it.

View attachment 97692

See where it's all eroded in the front! This pic is old too, it's up into some of the fingers now... It sux.

Thanks for all the input everyone!
Sorry for stepping on your thread Dino! Put this problem up once before to no avail. Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home! Every time I move 1 thing, I end up in there for hours! :)

Back
Top Bottom