Hydor Koralia Evo 750

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyG

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've recently purchased 2 of these pumps and within 3 days both of them stopped working. The first one lasted a day, and today the other has failed.
I sent the first one that failed back yesterday.

I guess my question is -I'm Not sure if I want this brand again or go with another. I can see one fail within a week, but both?

please comment your experiences on these wave makers.

thanks
Jim

now you got me worried i have 2 550 s and a 750 that are sitting for my future swap out...got them for them magnets marinelands work great but suction cups suck on them there always falling off and making craters in the sand....maybe they were made on a monday thats why they failed..lol

I've never had an issue with my koralia's 425's,735's or the 1050's. All in working order.

Hope you get everything sorted out.

Ive had 2 koralia evolution 750s and the only problem ive had is that they sometimes reverse flow when unplugged and plugged back in (a problem Hydor has since resolved and sends free replacement parts). Other than that, they are amazing powerheads, nice gentle flow and even have wavemaker capabilities.

I've never had an issue with my koralia's 425's,735's or the 1050's. All in working order.

Hope you get everything sorted out.

I know that you use these wave makers Con... and thanks for your reply.

Do you have them constantly running, timer, or manual plugin when you want them on?

I have been plugin them on for a few hrs, then I unplug them off as my cichlids are small/juvies.

Ive had 2 koralia evolution 750s and the only problem ive had is that they sometimes reverse flow when unplugged and plugged back in (a problem Hydor has since resolved and sends free replacement parts). Other than that, they are amazing powerheads, nice gentle flow and even have wavemaker capabilities.

Yes I read some reviews about the reverse flow. Ohh don't get me wrong... they worked wonderful when they were both on, very silent and just enough smooth flow all around my 75g tank.

maybe they were made on a monday thats why they failed..lol

you might be right..
img_2155859_0_a4116f4ffe85796ddccf9e8cb419d87c.gif

Yeah id just contact hydor, they have decent customer service.

thanks.. I will do that Monday for sure.

JimmyG said:
I know that you use these wave makers Con... and thanks for your reply.

Do you have them constantly running, timer, or manual plugin when you want them on?

I have been plugin them on for a few hrs, then I unplug them off as my cichlids are small/juvies.

I have used them every which way. I had them hooked up to a smart wave system and I've had them on 24/7

Never an issue on my end...

Sorry your going through this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom