I am going to be a Daddy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chenzo9999

Aquarium Advice Freak
Been having some issues recently - my newly added YWG got into my filter sock which i didn't deem possible - and I didn't notice for a few minutes after it was out of the water. I was able to put him in the tank, but I am not sure if he will make it. I also, while siphoning killed a decent sized hammer coral frag.

I was super frustrated - contemplating whether or not this tank was worth it, and then.....

I noticed my Banggai Cardinalfish has a mouth full of eggs. I have had them for about a month and a half.

I am so excited and refreshed - I just had to share!

I guess besides the accidents, my tank is a stable and safe environment.

New question - do I try and raise the fry?

Congratulation!! I doubt your hammer will die I hit mine before! Unless you were using a shop vac jk! Fish bump on the eggs!

Hey congrats! Never hurts to try to raise them. Depending on the other fish though you might not be a daddy for long. :/

It happened - last night at 1 am, the male released the fry from his mouth. I was only able to catch 3 and move them into a 10 gallon. I am feeding phytoplankton until I can get to the store this afternoon to get "baby food."

Here they are - the first is just a pic of the tank so you get an idea of the size. About the size of an eraser or smaller.

Attachments

• DSC05286.jpg
    DSC05286.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC05285.jpg
    DSC05285.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC05292.jpg
    DSC05292.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 163
Omg they are cardinals. This whole time I was thinking clown fish! I'm an idiot. This is what having two kids does to you. Turns your brain to mush. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom