I cant find a glass canopy that fits my 20H tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floods7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a tank that is about 15 years old and becuase of a new lighting system I need a glass canopy. I went to the local aquarim store and I bought what they told me was the correct canopy for a 20H. But when I went to install it wasnt wide enough, it was about a 1/4 to narrow on both sides. I took a measuring tape to it and it was about 21 and 3/4 while my tank needs somehting that is 22 and 6/16in. I told them about this and they said that since my tank is so old its going to be extreamly hard to find.

I spent about 130 on a light and its going to waist

anyone know where I can get a glass top that fits? thanks

You could get a piece of plexiglas glass and cut it to fit. You could always go without a glass hood

Forget the plexi, it sags under it's own weight, more so if there is a heat source above it. Get some glass cut to the size you need and buy a section of hinge for it or use E channels and have a sliding top. you can get glass from a glass shop or places like Lowes.

Measure the sizes you need and go to a glass company or hardware store. It shouldn't cost that much. If you want it to hinge you can buy plastic hinges for it at most LFS. Get hinge first so you get the correct thickness of glass.

BillD said:
Forget the plexi, it sags under it's own weight, more so if there is a heat source above it. Get some glass cut to the size you need and buy a section of hinge for it or use E channels and have a sliding top. you can get glass from a glass shop or places like Lowes.

We must have typing at the same time. Lol

Back
Top Bottom