I dont know what species my fish is and i cant see him

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramseyawad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
An anyo e tell me what species my fish is I was led I believe it's a flymo blenny ?! He normally burrows himself at night but I havnt seen him in 3 days do I take my live rock to bits to look for him?

Oops sorry

Attachments

• image-1355945118.jpg
    image-1355945118.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 160
It's a scooter Benny. They ate a type of dragonet. So they are going to want to eat copepods and stuff like that

They don't generally hide for days. But they do scavenge through the rocks work looking for copepods and other foods to eat. I would starting looking for it if u havent seen it for days

No need to tear apart your tank to look for it. Either it wants to hide or is dead. If you've got hermits or other crabs, you won't find much or any fish at all.

My levels seem good other than a slight rise in free ammonia that rose yesterday from 5 to 10 ppm but I did add a powerful wave maker yesterday ph dropped from 8.5 to 8.35 skimmer has less waste than normal

I would really consider looking for the fish if I was was. In an established tank all ammonia and nitrite levels should be 0.

+1. Any ammonia or nitrite levels maens you aren't cycled or not fully cycled. These levels likely killed your fish. Do not add any livestock until your cycle is complete, you are wasting your money at that point.

Sniperhank explained that really good so if you didn't wait until your cycle was complete you just wasted your money. If your tank was fully cycled it probably died of starvation as there wasn't enough Copepods. I have one of these fish and he is well trained and eats frozen food. I really hope u waited till the cycle was complete otherwise you are putting the fish through complete torture. And they arnt cheap those fish where I live they are $45 each.

Sorry nh4 was 10ppm everything else seems in order the tank is cycled ive had the tank 6 no ths and it's had happy fish for 4 months hears my latest levels

Attachments

• image-269974116.jpg
    image-269974116.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 120
No I never target fed him he's been in the tank 2 months and always on display I'm worried but I have had a trigger hide for a week and he popped out a few days ago all happy

If you have any ammonia readings there is something wrong. Either not cycled or overloaded the beneficial bacteria via overfeeding or overstocking. Overfeeding is likely out unless you are feeding multiple mysis cubes a day or something...10ppm is awfully high. Even the death of one fish wouldn't equal 10ppm. How large is your tank and what is stocked in it? When was it set up? Cycled?

The tank has been going for around 6 months now Im Sure it has cycled properly I have a 250l tank with a blue throat trigger, regal tang, blue spot gobie, scooter blennie, 3 hermits, 2 turbo snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, and a emerald crab, I have a fluval 250 filter with inline heater and u. Steriliser, a v2 skimmer a 300l/h power head an a new 1600l/h twin power head 30kg live rock ( just noticed a coral frag on one appeared from nowhere, and a deep sand bed 1".5

Attachments

• image-2359168578.jpg
    image-2359168578.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 102
Is the nitrate and ammonia tests for fresh water? Not sure if that's a problem, but I know my lfs always makes sure he uses a saltwater kit when testing my levels.

Back
Top Bottom