I found fresh FLA Live Rock in Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know you have other obligations so what time would be best for you Ray? I'm pretty open so long as it's not to ridiculously early. ;)

austinsdad said:
I'm thinking 9-10 somewhere.

10 sounds good to me. It's a nice drive for us and gives me a bit mroe time in the morning to get the kids ready.

gonefishy said:
was wondering if any of you md reefers belong to or heard of cmas( chesapeake marine aquaria society)? heres a link [url]http://www.cmas-md.org/[/quote] Never heard of it but will check it out. 'Course, I'm not from MD maybe that's why. ;)

davebailey46 said:
I may try and show down there at 10 on Saturday also...Thanks for the MD reefers club...

Awesome!

Hey 20 20!! Any chance you'll be coming by as well?

ANNUAL CMAS SPRING SEMINAR

On Saturday April 8th 2006 we will hold our annual spring event. This is an all day event featuring 2 speakers, food, vendors, large raffle, etc. This year our speakers will include:

Pre Registration Ends March 31st!!!

Mike Paletta

Mike has written many books and online publications for many websites.

Michael Paletta is the author of two books, "The Modern Marine Aquarium" and "Ultimate Reefs," and has acted as a consultant with the National Aquarium in Baltimore and the Pittsburgh Zoo Aquarium.

Joe Burger

Joe Burger is known as JBNY at Reef Central. His tank was selected at Reefkeeping's Tank of the Month for September 2002 His presentation will be on "system automation"

http://www.cnidarianreef.com/

Food

We will supply a light breakfast, coffee, water and soft drinks

Food will once again be catered by Beefalo Bobs which will include pit beef, pit turkey, pit ham, and a few side dishes. Beefalo Bob's was a big success last year so we brought them back again.

Cost

Cost for this event will be:

preregister for paid members $30
at the door for paid members $35
non members preregistration $40
non members at the door $45
at the door seminar+ membership $50

We ask that everyone preregister because we need an accurate head count for the catering services.

Schedule

8:30-9:30: doors open- sign in
9:30-10:00: opening comments-club business
10:00-12:00: first speaker
12:00-1:00: break for socializing and lunch
1:00-3:00: second speaker
3:00-5:00: socializing, vendor sales, raffle
5:00: adjourn

** tentative schedule subject to change**

Orems Methodist Church
Directions

Vendors

If you're interested in becoming a vendor please contact Tom DiNoto at tjd101754@comcast.net

Raffle Items

Registration

Flyers have been mailed. For those who want to register now you can email Carl Huntley at cmasmembership@comcast.net

Pre Registration Ends March 31st!!!

Edited by 90OcReef on Mar. 07 2006,15:58

--------------

Catonsville, MD

--------------
Tom DiNoto
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluff said:
I can't go on Friday so Sat works for me. We can meet up with you DT at the regular place. ;)

At the dropoff, Nemo! Err...the K-Mart dropoff. ;)

I'm excited. It's been a long time since I've been off on a LFS adventure!

Fluff said:
davebailey46 said:
I may try and show down there at 10 on Saturday also...Thanks for the MD reefers club...

Awesome!

Hey 20 20!! Any chance you'll be coming by as well?

No, won't be able to make it. Gotta take my kid to his 'community service'. Fight at school thing, the cops got called, etc. Teenagers, eh? I think I'll wait until I get a report from everyone that's going before I decide to make that hike.

On another note, the xenia is doing great, only just started to spread a bit, so I'm not mad at ya yet! :wink:

Wow, this is exciting. My boyfriend lives about 15 minutes from Glen Burnie. I'm about an hour out but I think I will be trying to make it by there very soon. Let me know how it goes and share some pics of your purchases if you can. :lol:

I'd love to go to the seminar but I have already made plans for 4/8. Anyone who can attend should do so. I've been lucky enough to have heard Paletta speak before and it was great. Thanks for posting this gonefishy!

Well, I had a great time today. It was nice to meet up with Austinsdad and DT again as well as getting to meet davidbailey46! What a wonderful group of people. :D
It was great getting a chance to talk reef talk with others who are just as passionate about the hobby. Thanks a bunch!

Likewise Fluff...the rock looks amazing in my main...Everyone has been grazing on it all day...Great to meet you all

Likewise here too! It was a pleasure to meet you guys, davebailey46 and austinsdad! And Fluff, like always, I had a great time!

That place was awesome. Pics to come of my acquisitions. ;)

I'm still excited to see real live rock. Never ordered on the net before and seeing this stuff for someone like me was awesome. And that was the leftovers I understand. Some of my rock in my 35 had to go to the circ tub for now to make room for the new stuff. Any of you remember the rock fulff made me bu (hee hee) with the bi-valves or something clam looking on them...well, they're all alive. There was a coral on that 7 pounder. I can't find it. What was the name of it again?

Was great meeting yous all and seeing you and the family again Fluff. Hubby is so cool. DT and Fluff, you guys figured me out now, I'm a hugger. Just feels like I've known you both for a long time now. Dave, let's hook up again sometime on Saturday. Like after they get their next shipment in maybe? Heck, I may have to set up another tank just to hold rock. But they told me to let'm know and they'll custom pick a 100lbs for me when the 155 is ready. Fluff, we gotta talk strategy soon. Looks like I'll have to cycle the 155g and then transfer rock and fish slowly. I dunno yet. So much planning to do.

I really enjoyed that place.

Sounds like I missed a good time, maybe I can make it next time there's a 'MidAtlantic GetTogether'. :(

Free Blasto, eh? Nice!

Back
Top Bottom