I found this 3 gal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabbykat9698

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I was surfing around the internet and found this 3 gal

Desktop & Starter Aquarium Kit: 3-gallon Deco Kit Aquarium

It would be perfect for my empty large end table. My question is, what are your suggestions for this? Anything interesting? Like not just a Betta (may be too small for one anyway) and doesn't have to be a fish either. (crabs? Frogs?)

I'm still waiting on my 20 gal to cycle, its almost done, then time for Dwarf Puffers in that one! YAY!! :)

Oh and I know its the wrong forum but I've never done a saltwater, is it possible to do a small one with maybe a shrimp or something? I don't think there are saltwater fish small enough are there?

there is a saltwater nano- reef section for that.they could probably point you in the right direction if that is the way you want to go. or you could even do some RCS and plants. That would be really cool! I have a dwarf puffer as well, plan on adding two more soon. They are very cool little fish!

That little kit won't do you for a nano reef. You need some more equipment: Better lights come first. I would just do a planted RCS tank with easy plants like anubias and Javamoss.

It's possible to do a nano reef tank, but it's a lot of work. You have to babysit a low-volume system. It's very prone to water chemistry changes due to evaporation, etc. Unless you've got previous SW experience, I strongly encourage you to go FW with that tank. Check out the yellow or blue pearl varieties of RCS if you really want something different.

My thing is I have done freshwater with a 3 gal before. I've done lots of freshwater and just got an inkling for something different. I'm ok with the monitoring of changes. Thats fine. I don't mind constant care. When I'm not at work I am in the recliner beside where this tank will be.

I say go for it! That's how we gain experience, stepping out of the box. You can only learn from your mistakes.

Thanks logansmomma, its the only way I can learn SW right now, as we may get a bigger FW tank eventually but right now is not the time. It may be hard but I am ok with it. What still scares me is we had a big flood in May and our last apt was without power and not lived in for a month (3rd floor our stuff was fine, we didn't have fish, had a friend that did and it was not fun for him) We moved a few blocks away onto a hill, but it scares me if the power were to ever go out here!

Lol yeah I live on the third floor too and it makes me nervous to think about getting a bigger tank. I am getting a 40 Long but putting it at my mom's house. I really want a 55 or 75 though... lol probably wouldn't work out too well

Back
Top Bottom