I got a horseshoe crab!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got one for my 150g tank. A little bigger than a qharter. She is doing great. Only aggression was my niger and bird wrasse but did not hurt her.

i have more than a large enough tank for one, but i got a bamboo shark and a zebra eel...they both love crabs so it might end up being a very expensive meal :p

it won't survive in your tank. you will need to feed it mollusks and worms. also, a 150 gallon tank isn't big enough!
one more thing...it's not a crab at all. :cool:

It was intended as more of a joke. I don't really agree with taking animals from their natural habitat. They'd have a better life in the wild where they belong. But that's just my opinion. And also a whole nother topic.

And I've heard that before but if its not a crab then what is it considered???

Reactions: HN1
Trilobite is a class of animal?
I've seen fossils of then in books but I thought it was reffering to one specific creature.

And I too am interested in pictures

Ah. I wanted to say something about them being closer related to spiders but didn't wanna sound stupid.

Ya. I know 150g isnt enough when full grown but if I have to I will give her away. Sorry I cant get pics because shes ALWAYS in the sand. Puff what size tank you have with the shark?

I don't think a 2" horseshoe crab is too big for a 6' tank. If I don't see her eat for a while I will dig her up and put food in front of her. Just because a fully grown horseshoe crab can't fit in my tank doesn't mean a baby can't. Anyway how do know or not know if I'm going to upgrade? I'll take good care of her, don't worry.

When you were a baby, did your parents stuff you in a closet thinking, its ok, he will get bigger, but he's ok in this closet a few years.... probobly not, its just not good for the animal...

hippy guy said:
When you were a baby, did your parents stuff you in a closet thinking, its ok, he will get bigger, but he's ok in this closet a few years.... probobly not, its just not good for the animal...

No, but they did put me in a crib which is smaller than a closet.

Back
Top Bottom