I got my BF into the hobby....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yv1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Since his bad motorcycle accident 2 months ago he hasnt had anything to do but learn to walk again. and our lawyer is taking a long ass time getting it settled...so......dum dum dum! i bought him a 5 gallon!

he even stole my precious riccia to put in his....i have never been a happier camper..this is a huge milestone for him, he used to complain about the 'fishy' smell of our tiny apartment...MUHAHAH now we have 2 tanks. :twisted:

here he is making preperations and the end result...(a bit bare but nice color contrast eh?)

That is so great! I am so glad he's found something for him to "get away" with! Maybe he can even do some DIY gadgets and such for both tank!

I wish him a quick recovery!

Yeah, this is really great. My boyfriend is just not interested in anything to do with my fish, although he does like to watch them and never complains, except when I spend too much time researching them online. I would love it if he was interested, but I am pretty positive that's not going to happen.
The tank looks great! The plant stands out really beautifully against the black gravel.

Yet another one brought over to the dark side *grin*

Does he know he's become an aquariumadvice star? LOL

hehe yeah hes actually asking me to go with HIM to the LFS and pick out plants...ha who would have ever figured. and catalina, you never know...one day he might just want to get a tank of his own. i mean my bf used to complain and complain of the filter sounds, the smell, the fish paraphanelia and water everywhere....but no more!

i like that black gravel too, it is a shiny black stuff, not sure what it is but my LFS carried it for $5/lb... it was something i wanted to use also..but grrr it cost way too much to fill my 40 gal.

ha and yes he knows hes on here now, he used to call me a nerd herder but now he is one too. :mrgreen:

this hobby outta teach him some patience......

50 kudos for bringing your BF into the hobby, tell him we expect to see some posts in the SW section from ya'll soon (y)

oh dear me, saltwater is an alien world to me...one day though ill give up buying my $200 jeans and save up for a marine tank......but for now ill revel in the fact that i am the freshwater tankmaster in this apt and he is my apprentice. the power is overwhelming. :lol:

its also a much safer hobby than this one...

http://www.yv-1.com/jb/jon_tank_wheelie.jpg

you can imagine my relief.

ahaha, what does he mean when he calls you a "nerd herder"? that sounds like something my bf would say. he's like "would you rather we both sat around and discussed ph levels and fish compatability?" and i'm like "YES!" he then goes on to say what a dorky couple that would make us, but i think it would be so cute.

wow, this must definitely be a relief for you as well. i'm sure he'll be able to find just as much thrill in fishkeeping as with motorcycles!

Beware,
My girlfriend wanted to get a ten gallon for our then-unborn daughter. We got a book, did some research, got a tank, filled it with water, filled it with fish, wanted to get more fish, bought another tank, filled IT with water and fish. <gasps for breath> Now, I want to get a fifty five gallon.

My GF says I won't be happy until I seal off the room, fill the whole apartment with water, grow gils, and become a fish myself.

But, she suggested it, originally, so she can't really say too much. When I get into something, I GET INTO SOMETHING!!! 8)

Back
Top Bottom