I have a pregnant platy already.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update. I had her in the breeder box and she spit out 5 dead fry. I figured this pregnancy was a lost cause so I let her out and let nature take it's course. The little fry that lived got eaten too. It hid in my grass for a while but darted out into open water and got snagged before I could stop it from happening. She must have been having more fry periodically since and they must be getting eaten. I haven't seen another fry and her belly is a little smaller. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get to try this again and will take what I have learned to get better results next time.

The thing with platties and mollies is they breed and breed. I have been saving the fry and I have 3 batches in in two months. Totaling about 25 baby mollies. I am cross breeding to see what i can do with colors and fins. I have a little 5 gallon that i put them in for a about 3 weeks then they go back into the main tank. All have survived.

Back
Top Bottom