I have a question on cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 105 gallon sw tank with 2 tomato clowns and two yellow tailed damsels ( they are shy ) and a arrow crab. Will 2-3 cleaner shrimp go with them. Thanks Please write back soon. Thanks again

Sure. I would do a pair of cleaners as in my area of the country they are a bit expensive like $20+ each.

The pair will interact with eachother as well as hopefully spawn. The spawning of the shrimp will provide your tank with an excellent food source.

Those Clowns won't be shy for long. My Tomato clown didn't tolerate the cleaner shrimp cleaning it at all. And one of my Bigger Yellow tailed Damsel went nuts on the smaller yellow tailed damsel. Had to get rid of the damsels. The smaller one doesn't do anything anymore.
You should be find with the shrimp, make sure they're plenty of hiding places.

There is, and yes they are expensive here - $48.00 each and I think I'm going to get 3. Umm the fish I have are very calm, but the tomato clowns are aggressive only during feeding time. Thanks for you input . -Justin

48? ouch. That's alot. I pay about 20 for mine here. I'd recommend ordering them online perhaps. You'd save a few dollars atleast.

wow

48.00 for a cleaner shrimp?! WOW! I would hate to see how much "other" fish are in your area. Cleaners are only 12.00 here in NY.

This is just an example of how widly prices can be for all kinds of things related to this hobby when it comes from 1 area of teh country to another.

Around here they are between $25-$30. Makes them a very expensive loss.

GT96- I see your from strongsville, what pet shop are you talking about. If its the one on pearl road next to Cleats, go somewhere else. Every time I went into that place half of their fish looked sick, dying or dead. I saw at leat 15 dead or dying clown fish in there one time :( . Its a little bit of a drive but there is a huge fish store off of Ridge and 480, If you would like directions I could find them for you. Oh by the way im from Brunswick.

Ya I pay $12 dollors also. My two shrimp lay eggs all the time, though known live. they all get ate. But hey thats free food :D

Back
Top Bottom