I have just found my clown loach dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cshaw404

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I am new here can you help me please I have just found my clown loach dead and there is something on his belly I'm not sure which is bad or what he has a red blotch and a black one please help should I worry bout my other fish or what here is a picture thanksImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401131255.134325.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AA! I'm sorry to hear that your fish died. I'm not too familiar with clown loaches, except that they are sensitive to ammonia. Do you check ammonia, pH, nitrates, and nitrites in your tank? Knowing these details can help narrow down the cause of death. Also, the list of other tankmates and the size of the tank would help too.

Hello thanks for helping my reading now are ammonia 0.25 nit 0 nat 0 ph 6.7 it's a 125L tank and American kinds of cichlids but they all arnt tat big but I know I will soon need a bigger tank and last week I did have an ammonia spike last week which was random becuz 2 weeks ago it was finished it's cycle and thanks again

Do you put salt in your tank? They are sensitive to that as well. Most meds that you put in your tank should be half dose. Google 'Loaches Online" you will get a world of information on there about Loaches...great, informative site.
Sorry about your loss, always sad when we lose something we love....good luck

Back
Top Bottom