I just rescued two clowns and a damsel from a dirty tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I just rescued two clowns and a damsel from a dirty tank. I have a 20 with two clowns and two shrimp. Also a 150 with a baby trigger, grouper, eel, batfish, and yellow tang. My clowns are babies. The clowns I got are ~2.5". Will the damsel or clowns kill my clowns and shrimp? Can I put them with my grouper? He's around 7". Eel is 1.5' but doesn't eat my 4" trigger. I would rather put the clowns in the 150 and the damsel in the 20. Can I do that???????

I'd put the clowms in the 150 and hope they arent chow. Damsel should be fine in the 20..if he picks on anything maybe separate him/give to the lfs..

More then likely if given the chance the grouper will gobble them up but I'd say the damsel has the best chance in your predator tank but then that leaves you throwing 2 clowns into other clowns territory which would probably also end bad. Honestly you saving them was great but they may be better off just going to a lfs :/

Would the damsel get eaten? I'm definitely putting them in one of the tanks. Would they definitely kill the clowns even if they were babies?

crister13 said:
Would the damsel get eaten? I'm definitely putting them in one of the tanks. Would they definitely kill the clowns even if they were babies?

I dont think clowns show mercy;)

Man, anything added to the 150 has the chance of being eaten

They're coming to check on them on Sunday I just don't want them to get eaten....... Ugh idk what to do. I've seen clowns in huge groups at the lfs like 30 and they're fine. Will the damsel kill the shrimp? I just really think they'll get eaten in the 150.

Damsels are mean fish , I have watched 2 in a tank with a snow flake eel and the eel is *****ed slapped by the damsels as soon as he pokes his nose out.
Not sure about groupers though... That is a different story

This is so hard............ I don't want to hurt my fish but I don't want them to get hurt......... I think I'm going to try them in the 20 and watch them for awhile and if they're mean take them out and plop em in the 150.

crister13 said:
This is so hard............ I don't want to hurt my fish but I don't want them to get hurt......... I think I'm going to try them in the 20 and watch them for awhile and if they're mean take them out and plop em in the 150.

Any way you could put a divider in the 20?

You could always get a couple plastic "critter cages" and keep them inside those with a piece of pvc and drop them into the 150 for a temporary thing

I have nothing to use as a divider. I don't think they'll attack the clowns....... The damsel didn't attack them and they didn't attack the damsel. Hope this works! Fingers crossed........

crister13 said:
I have nothing to use as a divider. I don't think they'll attack the clowns....... The damsel didn't attack them and they didn't attack the damsel. Hope this works! Fingers crossed........

Not even netting...?

Not big enough................ I'm gonna try the 20...... If they're aggressive......... They get the big tank.

Doesn't sound like ur saving them to me. Do these people want there fish back? Put a divider in til they can get there tank up to par. Doesn't take that long to clean a tank and if there too lazy to do it maybe they should give you the tank as well. The damsel might b able to hold his own in the 150 but those clowns are toast in either tank.

They're in. Also got this huge catfish.

Attachments

• image-1858908235.jpg
    image-1858908235.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1996325179.jpg
    image-1996325179.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 122
  • image-461672110.jpg
    image-461672110.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 92
The clowns are in with baby clowns...... Why would they be toast? There perfectly fine and bigger than the other clowns. The damsel is doing fine too. They were taking their tanks down and they were given to me. They're not toast at all. Idk why you would say that.

crister13 said:
The clowns are in with baby clowns...... Why would they be toast? There perfectly fine and bigger than the other clowns. The damsel is doing fine too. They were taking their tanks down and they were given to me. They're not toast at all. Idk why you would say that.

The bigger ones arent toast...butthe small ones are in danger bro:/ In the pic they look alot smaller. The Damsel should be fine in there, and i doubt will harm the shrimps either..

Wasn't trying to offend just being honest. Not trying to b rude either but is that ur tank or the dirty tank you saved them from?

That's my tank but the sand got stirred up. I also have a nitrate issue but everything is healthy and growing and I'm solving it. The tank I got them from had no live rock, and all the fake plants and things were covered in black cyano. It's actually a lot better now. No aggression so far.

Back
Top Bottom