I need a good burrowing goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
like the title says, im looking for a goby that burrows as my first addition to my 34 long. i have a YWM in my biocube so i do not want another but id like one that acts just like it. I really love the two spot's. do they burrow? Any other suggestions would be great, nothing that gets larger than 4-5 inches

Anything that burrows like a YWG, and looks like a YWG, will fight to death with the YWG. These fish are generally peaceful, but not with fish that have the same colors/shapes/sizes as them, especially since 34G isn't all that large. They would most likely fight over burrows and territories as well. If you already have one sand burrower in that 34G i would suggest skipping getting another.

Oh yea.....what about a shrimp goby of some sort paired with a pistol shrimp?

Dracula goby, high fin red banded goby, yasha shrimp goby and several others

Yeap. I love sand burrowers.. but i have OCD issues with sand dunes all over the place.

That may change this time around though!:eating:

I actually love the sand dunes! Wats the best burrowed that makes them?

haha i hate pistol shrimp, talk about sand dunes! so i really like the two spot. will he live in my man made burrows? if not i like the orange stripe

There's a good chance the goby will live in your burrows, but you may need to give it some time in order for it to find it. It's still a kind of hit or miss thing, so don't be sad if it never happens.

And yeah, pistol shrimp are the freakin worst. Cool creatures.. but what they do with the sand is so annoying.

okay then im just goona pick up the two spot thanks for the help, yea i had a pistol in my 14 gallon, tore that thing apart

Back
Top Bottom