I' not sure if my black skirt tetra is pregnant or just bloated.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skycruiser56

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my smaller black skirt tetras are bloated. it is just the one and I'm not sure if it is pregnant. There are five black skirt tetras in my 20-gallon tank. Their tankmates are 2 large golden panda mollies and 3 white mountain cloud minnows. I am writing this thread and hoping someone can give me some advice/counsel on the matter. Thank you.

How often are you doing pwc's?

Do you know about the nitrification cycle? In my signature there is a great link for all the basics for aquarium keeping. It is good to have as a back up and to refer to.

Black Skirts lay eggs and they get very pudgy and buldgy, when it gets to be egg laying time. You should see the buldgy part at the lower 1/3 if full of eggs - if you see the scales lifting off the fish, then you would be sure there is an issue.

They do end up looking like they will pop at times when full of eggs. Odd behavior like hiding behind rocks, wafting through the water, hanging out in the bottom of the tank or at the top. Not eating. Could mean problems.

Hello sky...

Increase your water changes a little. Work up to half the tank's volume every week. I would add a little fiber to the fishes' menu. I feed Spirulina to my fish every other day. It's high nutrient and a good fiber source. This is good for the fishes' digestion.

B

Back
Top Bottom