I think I have ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X the Outsider

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home from work, and noticed my smaller clown was rubbing against the coral. I watched for awhile as he continued to swim up and down. He continued to rub against the coral; so I became concerned. I looked closely, and he's got white spots on his tail, and some on his body. So what is my best course of action? Help me please?

Oh yeah my water parameters are where they are supposed to be. I've had the clowns for almost a month, and they are tank-raised.

That would be a no. It looks like both clowns are infected. The jawfish look ok so far, but since they are so light it's hard to tell. I saw something on hyposalinity. Is that safe?

So far all of my fish are still eating, and are active, but the white spots are still there. I was told garlic, and all sorts of meds. I put some garlic in there to boost their immune systems. I have yet to try meds, mainly because I've been mislead before. I also turned the heat up. It was at 81, and now it's at 83.

So I guess should I try hyposalinity or is their another method?

Any inverts, live rock?
Really need to remove all the fish to a qt for treatment and leave the main tank void of fish for 6 weeks. This will allow the parasite in the main to die off.

The qt tank is next on my priorities for my fish. It's going to have to wait until after Christmas though. Thank you for your help!

Hey X:

Hyposalinity is a pretty decent treatment. I've used it successfully. I prefer it to adding lots of chemicals (but would if I had to), but invest in a good refractometer for certain. I threw my swing-arm away, it was so off-the-mark.

--Aquabear

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom