I think my Goldfish has swim bladder relapse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had been treating one of my small Goldfish with metro meds and Epsom salt baths for Dropsy for 2 weeks prior... when that came to an end I started him on Jumpstart, Which I'm supposed to feed him for the next 2 weeks. So once the Dropsy had cleared which was about 1/2 way through the 14 days of treatment I kept the treatments going until it was 14 days. Then I switched to Feeding him Jumpstart and on about the 2nd day I noticed he was starting to get floaty again, and swimming sideways like a flounder, doing somersaults a day later etc. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I'm hoping someone can help me out here, he was just doing so much better now this! The aquarium is 20 Gal, has One common, one comet... and 5 Panda cories.

Btw: on a thought of water quality... again this fish is the only one that is acting like this, all the others are as normal

What are your water parameters? Skip the jumpstart right now and try feeding him only veggies for the next few days and see if this helps at all (assuming its not a water quality issue as there are quite a few fish). Are the cories a new addition?

What are your water parameters? Skip the jumpstart right now and try feeding him only veggies for the next few days and see if this helps at all (assuming its not a water quality issue as there are quite a few fish). Are the cories a new addition?

Ok, but I need some veggie suggestions B/c he spits out his peas and spinach already.

No the Cories have been in a while now.

Back
Top Bottom