i want to add flourite and black sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
how much will flourite help plants in a low light system? also does a black substrate with a black background look better then a black back ground with a light substrate?

also which would benefit my aquarium more? losts of fertilizers, flourite, and root tabs or higher lighting with no ferts.

You would need 50% of the substrate to see any real effect. I have black and black and I think it looks great.

With low light, ferts are not really needed as the plants have no need for them, Adding more will only give everything else fuel to use for growth. You need to start with light, that fuels the engine. Once light goes up you need the carbon and ferts to maintain good healthy growth.

the thing is i have enough money for the ferts and substrate but not enough for lights and im trying to get my water wisteria to grow faster

I understand but that does not change the way things are. There is no real need for a substrate upgrade with the wisteria, so more light would be a start.

Back
Top Bottom