I want to get started with live foods!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After reading repeatedly that live foods/high quality foods make a huge difference in the health of fish and quality of fry.

So... after keeping fish for years using TetraMin flakes as a staple and adding a variety of other store-bought dry foods (as well as some veggies), I want to give my fish better food.

How do I get started? What do I feed them? Where can I buy these foods at the most affordable price?

I have a cherry shrimp colony, and a community tank with platies, guppies, harlequin rasboras, corydoras. I live in a small apartment, so space and smelliness is definitely important!

Any experience? Ideas? Advice?

You can cultivate live brine shrimp in a soda bottle. I'm not sure how to do it though. Something to ask google.

the easiest to cultivate are micro worms and white worms. the micro worm culture can smell because of the yeast, the white worm culture which is done in soil doesn't smell unless the culture dies.

you can only cultivate baby brine shrimp in a soda bottle they will live max a week.

Homer8 said:
you can only cultivate baby brine shrimp in a soda bottle they will live max a week.

If you have the correct amount of salt in the water and feed the brine shrimp brine shrimp food, and usually they can grow, and but it would be better with an airstone involved to tumble the eggs. I raised baby brine shrimp when I was a little kid. Lol that's what got me into fishkeeping.

But your trying to use them as food for your fish. The amount of brine shrimp you would have in the would pollute the water and kill off most of the shrimp.

get a brine shrimp hatchery or get a 10 g tank buy 10 feeder fish and let them have fry and then you get lots of fish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom