I was wondering about lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If I have a twenty gal standard with two 23 watt compact fluorescent bulbs in the hood that adds up to 2.3 watts per gallon, would I need co2 injection because of the cfl bulbs. I only ask because I have BBA and I didn't think 2.3 watts per gal was high light. Just trying to find the source of my BBA

Atxpunx said:
If I have a twenty gal standard with two 23 watt compact fluorescent bulbs in the hood that adds up to 2.3 watts per gallon, would I need co2 injection because of the cfl bulbs. I only ask because I have BBA and I didn't think 2.3 watts per gal was high light. Just trying to find the source of my BBA

Here's a site that can help on both issues. Can't say about co2 for sure, but I'd say no.

http://gwapa.org/wordpress/articles/algae-in-the-planted-aquarium/#blackbrush

BBA can be brought about by low co2 levels, which in turn could indicate that your lighting is too high unless you supplement with more co2/ferts.

WPG is a really flawed concept so I'm not even going to play around with it here. If you have enough light to consistently grow BBA, then you are definitely good in the light department.

Back
Top Bottom