I went to pet shop to pick up dog biscuits...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlakRiot

Aquarium Advice Regular
And then this happened. I named it pickle.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1478820600524.jpg
    1478820600524.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha not in the least. I love puffers but most stores carry the brackish or saltwater kinds in my area. Dwarf puffers are usually a special order only and well, he just happened to already be at the shop.

For now the shrimp is safe. Puffer hasn't shown any aggression towards anything but bladder snails. But he is still pretty young so.. don't worry he is getting his own 5.5 gallon in a week. I'm running used filter media through the 5.5 to fast cycle it. In the meantime he is in my 10 gallon with my betta.....with a divider.

He is a dwarf puffer aka pea puffer and he had a case of intestinal parasites but i managed to treat that easy peasy. Now he is fat and gets along with everyone in the 10 gallon so i havent bothered moving him

His poop was white and he was not gaining any weight despite being fed an ample amount of live blackworms and snails he was very skinny.

Attachments

• 1481668024969.jpg
    1481668024969.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 83
Puffs are the coolest little things!
Lost mine recently.....tank accident
In my 10, I had 3 and they were all super happy!
Keep up the feeding, they will love you for live foods!
Maybe not as many snails, they have lots of fat.
Keep it up!

I didnt know where to put this and didnt want to start another thread but i was at petco grabbing stuff to build a nice 5.5 g tank for my friend for xmas who has been dying for a dwarf puffer. I talked to the lady who worked there told her about how i was setting up a small dwarf puffer tank when she informed me a person brought in 30 snails an hour before i got there. She offered them to me for free and was like "yay free fish food"... started arranging her tank and planting it with low water threw the snails in there because i need to re setup my snail keeping tank yet since i have been able to find live black worms locally.... i now have 30+ juvenile ivory mystery snails... no idea what to do with them... why didn't i look at them before i left the store!!

Omg, nils im sorry for your loss. I try not to do snails but pea puffers are picky eaters. At least mine wont eat anything that doesnt move

It's all good, just part of the journey(even though I do miss them a lot!)
Eventually, they should take frozen bloodworms, mine all did especially if they're hungry enough. But if you can keep supplying black worms that's great!

Back
Top Bottom