i wondered if i'm stalled or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freak45

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i got a 29 gallon tank that i started a fishless cycle this time planted tank...i know it will take some time to cycle this tank but i wonder if i'll stall or not..anyways my ammonia at 2.0 ppm 0 nitrites and rates used some fish flakes to get it started i saw a rise in ammonia from .50 to 2.0 ppm i'm curious should i do a water change?
i also been doing some co2booster and i put in some api root tabs in as well for my root plants. i am using prime and the api test kit...am i worrying to soon or should i continue with my patience

How long has this tank been sitting at 2ppm of ammonia? Has the ammonia dropped at all during this time? How is your ph? Have any wcs been performed yet?

More often than not, just some patience is all that is needed but some more information will help to see if there's something that may be slowing things down. :)

Do u put enough light for your plants??? Cuz it will affect the photosynthesis process (which reduce the ammonia). And what are your plants??? Some plants will greatly reduce ammonia while others not really.

PS: Did u know that CO2 booster will make your fishes look lifeless???

Just my opinion :D

well it looks like my nitrates are coming cuz i got 5ppm woot i just tested today soon as i got home from work but i still have 1 ppm of ammonia going to do 50%water change and i leave the light on for 10hours and shut it off soo when i got to work and come home goes off :D

Back
Top Bottom