Ich and Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read of raising temps slowly and that seems to work. Last time we had ICH I used salt as well. What is the salt recommended for as far as ICH goes?

I am on my 'it will get worse before it gets better' stage and they aren't kidding! Just want to check if I should add salt too. Temps are 87-88 Heater is maxed out.

It also looks like fine powder and salt grains all together. Does ich size vary?
Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 3-4.jpg
    photo 3-4.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 57
4 Threadfin Rainbowfish and a Bristlenose Pleco.

It seems to be all over one fish and then there is a little on others. I will leave the temp up, salt down, daily water changes and fingers crossed!

Thanks!

some types of plecos are sensitive. Maybe someone with a pleco will chime in.

I didn't use salt because of my bnp, just heat and that got rid of ich without any issues :)

Thanks all! Shelly how long did it take from first spot? I saw the first spots and raised the heat then they went away then exploded again :/

Thanks all! Shelly how long did it take from first spot? I saw the first spots and raised the heat then they went away then exploded again :/

Mine did the same, took two weeks then I left the heat up an extra week after the last spot. You, ll get there! :)

Back
Top Bottom