ICH i need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tanks that's has some silver dollars (that I just got) in it has shown an outbreak of ICH only these three fish are showing it should I move them to my hospital tank or is all the other fish already infected and might as well treat the whole tank? And would it be best to use meds or just raise the temp any help I would greatly appreciate it

Treat the whole tank. Slowly raise your temp to 86 degrees. When you see no more ich spots keep it at 86 for two weeks after. Continue doing pwc's every2nd to third day as the actual parasite will be in the substrate, and free swimming in the water. You can also use aquarium salt. As per how much I'm unsure as a measurement. I'm sure someone else will chime in. There is medication but heat will do just fine and without harming your fish. Also I'm battling ich right now. And it may have come from fish but can also remain dormant in your tank until some change wakes it up

So do u think all dish are already affected?

More then likely, so if you qt'd them then you'd have another tank to treat

Treat the whole tank as infected. Disinfect nets and gravel vacs between tanks (if you have more than one) so you don't infect any more fish by mistake. Heat alone is enought to cure ich. Keep the water really clean to avoid secondary infections in the wounds left from the ich leaving the fishes body.

Disinfect with what? Just let it all dry?

Back
Top Bottom