Ich? i thought not but now second guessing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilbetta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
k my bumblebee platy has little white spots on her fins... yeah ich was my 1st thought but then i looked closer and it doesnt look like they are anywhere except her fins. Also all of the other tankmates are just fine and look no different at all. The bumblebee platy has kinda hiding more whenever i try to look for them and feed them but once she comes out she is just as active as she was... never was as active as dinozzo or bella.

BUT i cant figure whats wrong the temp in my tank is around 81 F and i looked at her fins this morning and while the spots dont seem worse they just really bother me i was trying to see if anyone knew whats wrong i will add photo.

Attachments

• fish 016.jpg
    fish 016.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 69
lilbetta said:
WHAT DO I DOOO!! oh NOOO

It looks like a combination of velvet disease and ich I'd start treating with herbtana best all natural medicine out there for it. Treat your whole tank because the parasites are already in the water remove the carbon from your filter while dosing so it doesn't absorb your medicine. Adding a little salt will help as well and maintain excellent water quality matter of fact do a water change before you start treatment. You may have to follow up with a antifungal med after to prevent any secondary infections.

Back
Top Bottom