Ich Treatment and Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadthedad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, Fish were introduced. I lost a few weak ones due to stress (water parameters read fine 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10-15 nitrate). Things seemed to stabalize and I leave for the weekend (had someone stop by to feed them). I came home to find an Ich outbreak. After doing some research to determine that it was in fact Ich I ran out and got API Super Ich Cure and treated the tank. I picked that as I have read you can have inverts after using that treatment. The ingredients don't seem to include copper so my questions is... Can I still keep Red Cherry Shrimp in this aquarium after the treatment is complete and the medication has been removed with carbon?

If it doesn't have copper then you are probably all set. What is/are the active ingredient(s)? Is it formalin and malachite green?

You're probably good to go then. I've never had an ick outbreak in any of my RCS tanks so I don't have any experience in having them in with those meds but I'm sure you'd be safe if you did a large PWC, especially safe if you put in activated carbon to remove the meds.

Back
Top Bottom