ICH treatment query!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,
I have a tank which contains 5 red phantom tetra; 5 yellow phantom tetra; 5 glowlight tetras (i think); 1 flying fox and 3 new khuli loaches.

Tonight I have notice that my 5 red tetras have developed what looks very much like ich; none of the other fish are affected in any way!

I have protozin at hand and am just wondering if it'll be ok with the loaches; I hate using the stuff as it turns everything a horrid blue!

My tank currently runs at 27C what is a safe temp to take it up to in order to get rid of this annoying problem.

All help and advice welcome; :)

That's 30c and that would be ok for the loaches? I know with my corys I couldn't do the heat treatment as it was bad for them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You may have to do it with less heat and meds then. I would go as high as I could. Say 84 F with meds? Also, make sure that you aerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raise the temp about 2-3 degrees. Use the medicine, but use less of it. That's all I did, and I cleared up Ich very quickly with no deaths.

Thanks I've put the temp up and read that loaches are ok up to 30.
I'll half dose the meds and fingers crossed that'll work!

Yes I've already done that. I've successfully battled ich before just not with loaches. And I've concluded they are the cause of the infestation! Fingers crossed it'll clear up soon and the meds won't harm them

Yeah, you have to be careful purchasing loaches. Any fish really, but loaches seem to be susceptible to ICH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom