Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got myself two loaches several days ago and failed to quarintine and the very next day ich shows up everywhere. I feel for you and wish you luck as we have the same battle ahead of us. I'm reaching 88 degrees in my tank trying to wipe it out. Go get a heater rated for a larger tank and check the dial to see how high it goes.

Ya I think I am going to go get a fluval heater for a 15 gallon.. i have to look at them though because i am not sure how many heaters have it set to not go above 80*.. best of luck to you in the ICH battle.

I have a fluval heater and it works amazingly, keeps my tank at a perfectly consistent 85.5 degrees (I have discus) very seldom do I have ich problems, but when I do I just up my water changes and add half doses of medicine if I really need it.

I've also heard that aquarium salt helps Aton. I got rid of my ich in about a week thanks to always keeping my tank at 80 degrees. Don't worry, aquarium salt won't raise the salinity of your water:D haha

Austin.b said:
I've also heard that aquarium salt helps Aton. I got rid of my ich in about a week thanks to always keeping my tank at 80 degrees. Don't worry, aquarium salt won't raise the salinity of your water:D haha

Don't use aquarium salt if its a planted tank!

Austin.b said:
Don't use aquarium salt if its a planted tank!

Yeah good point here. Plants are why I'm only using heat in my fight. Also got ich attack herbal formula by kordon as its for scaless fish. It's probably useless but along with 88 degrees we will hopefully be ok. I have a fluval heater as well that maxes out at 88 and holds a perfect temp. The 300 watt only ran me 25 bucks on amazon compared to over 40 bucks at my over priced lfs. Highly reccomend the fluval heater to OP.

Nope just plastic plants.. I can barely keep aloe plants alive so I haven't jumped that boat yet.. maybe eventually. How much salt should I add to my 10 gal?

MamaJasmine said:
Nope just plastic plants.. I can barely keep aloe plants alive so I haven't jumped that boat yet.. maybe eventually. How much salt should I add to my 10 gal?

Don't add regular table salt!!!!!!! It has to be Aquarium salt!

Back
Top Bottom