ICK -Is there a cure that will not harm my live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew187

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I finally got a fish to stay alive in my tank and now it has ick. Is there a cure that will not harm my live rock? The treatment I have is QuICK Cure. WIll that be safe for saltwater? The bottle says fresh & saltwater but I dont trust that. Is there a cure for Ick without medication?

So I finally got a fish to stay alive in my tank and now it has ick. Is there a cure that will not harm my live rock? The treatment I have is QuICK Cure. WIll that be safe for saltwater? The bottle says fresh & saltwater but I dont trust that. Is there a cure for Ick without medication?

You know what they say about "quick" and saltwater right?
quICK...what a creative name. That stuff contains MALACHITE GREEN, FORMALIN which you do not want to use with your Live Rock.
As Mel sent you the main cure of ich witout medication is hyposalinity. Which is not an easy thing and cannot be done in your tank with live rock. What kind of fish is it? You may be able to beef up its own immune system to overcome the ich. But even if you do, the ich will still be present in your system unless you leave it fishless for awhile and treat the fish with copper or hypo in a QT tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom