Ick on platy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beluga

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have had three platies in a ten gallon tank for almost a year now, 2 males and a female. One of the guys has developed something that looks like ick, but i'm not sure. The girl had the same thing a month or two ago as well, but she got over it on her own. Should i medicate the tank?

Here are a couple pictures of him:

image-852396421.jpg

image-1846804593.jpg

Just want to add that there is one bamboo shrimp in the tank as well, not that that really has anything to do with this :).

Also i havent seen the platy scratching on anything. The condition seems to have improved between yesterday and today.

Yeah that's definitely ick. Usually turning up the temp and adding aquarium salt speeds up the life cycle and kills it.

On a side note, what are your water parameters? Ick is usually broken out by that.

Looks like ich to me. Try some salt or some ich cure
Hi, could you look at my post of my betta and tell me if he could be getting ich? the white stringy thing fell off, but he's starting to look a bit like this. I'm going to watch him when I get home today to see if he is rubbibg against his castle. Yesterday he seemed to swim through his plants (they're plastick until I can get real ones) but he didn't seem any different, he actually seemed more active. Please take a look at my post and tell me what you think, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom