ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do fish get ick? I haven't gotten any new fish or plants or snails nothing. So I don't understand how my black moor has white fungus looking stuff on the tips of his tail and on his poop shoot.

How do fish get ick? I haven't gotten any new fish or plants or snails nothing. So I don't understand how my black moor has white fungus looking stuff on the tips of his tail and on his poop shoot.

Fungus looking stuff? Ich would present itself has "specks" if you will of salt. Well... What I'm saying is the fish will look like you sprinkled salt all over it. Fungus is a different thing.

Maybe this will help

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php

a picture would help out so much. ich looks like salt grains on fish. fungus can have a variety of looks. in the mean time i would suggest salt and high temperature treatment. there's always bad things in the tank and they will manifest themselves when the fish is stressed out. therefore your fish can get sick even if there's no new additions to the tank

Oh I see so no she doesn't look like that. Can I change the subject? Its 3 places where she has fungus on her. The only thing I can say that may have caused this is dandelion blow aways got in the tank. Do u. Think this could cause it?

Oh I see so no she doesn't look like that. Can I change the subject? Its 3 places where she has fungus on her. The only thing I can say that may have caused this is dandelion blow aways got in the tank. Do u. Think this could cause it?

no, it wouldn't. the fungus is caused by parasites. not something from dandelion.

I shouldn't have feed them before I tried to get a pic. The chace was crazy. So here is what I could get.

ForumRunner_20130516_083834.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_083857.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_084013.jpg

Yeah I know. What do I do for fungus? I put a tbl spoon full of salt in there 3 days ago. I have melafix would that. Help?

Here are some more pics hopefully better.

ForumRunner_20130516_091112.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_091131.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_091217.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_091332.jpg

Back
Top Bottom