ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhoffa92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well gave my fish to a buddy to quarantine have a 55 gallon reef and my fish store guy tells me after the first time I got ick ooooo yeah u wait two weeks throw sone stuff in there got a rusty angle and 2 yellowtail damsels and boom ick was still in there so I am gonna wait the full 6/8 weeks prob 8 I have just started in this hobby and man the only thing kicking my (moderator edit) is ich.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used super ick on my dads tank by API gone I firs treatment and no return for a month now :) plus temp was raised to 85 and e already had small amount of salt in his tank but he is freshwater I'm not sure if its saltwater usable to but I would check it out

I used super ick on my dads tank by API gone I firs treatment and no return for a month now :) plus temp was raised to 85 and e already had small amount of salt in his tank but he is freshwater I'm not sure if its saltwater usable to but I would check it out

No, do not use this in a reef tank! Some medications will say reef safe and invert safe but they usually arent! Just get a qauarintine and use hyposalinity and raise of temp

Ok my dads tank is freshwater didnt know if good fr saltwater . It had no effect on his nerite snails ( I can't spell lol)

Yes freshwater and salt are two diffrent worlds I had freshwater community tanks and african cichlid tanks and I will tell you with ten yrs experience in frshwater and 4 months into salt I have learned a lot salt is so much more fun lol I have them in qt now so I will see what happens thanks guys

That API product is freshwater only. Freshwater and saltwater Ich are different. Raising temperature does nothing for saltwater. You basically treat in QT with either copper or Hyposalinity and leave the DT fallow for 6-8 weeks. Anything else will not work. The Ich may " disappear", but that is simply part of the life cycle.

That API product is freshwater only. Freshwater and saltwater Ich are different. Raising temperature does nothing for saltwater. You basically treat in QT with either copper or Hyposalinity and leave the DT fallow for 6-8 weeks. Anything else will not work. The Ich may " disappear", but that is simply part of the life cycle.

+1, all the reef safe ich remedies are pure snake oils, also lets be careful about posting freshwater remedies on a salt water forum, he could have wiped out his tank

Marine Ich - Myths and Facts

Yeah good thing I did my research I looked into it online I do know enough to keep my head above water in the salt world and know that ick in both worlds fresh and salt are completely different organisms but thank you guys for the help

Back
Top Bottom