Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amielizzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this morning i come to see my babies we have 6white minnows and 6 gold minnows and 2 platties

While watching them this little fella popped up on the glass can anyone help IMG_0335.JPG

Not being an expert on this and the fry being a little too young to really be able to positively ID, buts its a lot more likely to be a platy.

Thank you he is the only one we have found

Cant find him now so hoping hiding

Plus not seeing any eggs so im fingers crossed its my plattie

Also he is alot smaller than image as i had to zoom in

While it is too small to definitely ID, if it was clinging to the glass, it's more likely to be a minnow fry. This is a typical position for fish like Danio fry while they absorb their yolk sac. They generally stick to the glass for up to a week before becoming free swimming and looking for food. You probably wouldn't see any eggs from the minnows since they are not sticky, very small and usually are spawned into the gravel for their own protection. If the fry was just swimming around, it's more likely a platy fry.
Again tho, it really is too small to definitely ID. For now, all you can really go by is the fry's habits.
Hope this helps. (y)

Okay thank you

Yes he/she is defiantly tiny i was very surprised i even saw it.

I have seen it since so im fingers fighting for survival in there. I did some research and seems more on the minnow side but we shall have to wait and see so long as he/she hasnt been gobbled

Back
Top Bottom