Ideas for a 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone,

I recently (about 8 weeks ago) started a 55 gallon freshwater tank. I currently have three caves, some rock, and moderate artificial vegetation (pics to come soon).

Fish wise I currently have 5 serpae tetras, 2 neon barbs, and 2 rosy barbs.

From this thread I would like to hear people's advice on what to add, when to add, etc.

I would like to add some cory cats, but I would like to have some medium to top water swimmers or even a calm, docile shark

Open to all suggestions and previous experiences or things/combinations that did not work
Thanks for your advice!

A large school of of over 10 rummynose tetra would look good in my opinion. I would up your barb schools first however.

Typically will barbs school with other types of barbs?

And what would be considered overstocked?

Thanks!

I dont know much about barbs and if they school with other species. You are not even close to being fully stocked with the 5 tetras and 4 barbs. Have you decided on anything else? Then you can see if your close to being stocked.

Not Yet

I haven't decided on anything yet. I am just looking for some compatible and active fish suggestions and a time table to try and follow. I was also just curious for much future notice what would be considered an overstocked 55 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom