If you were to make your dream breeder tank what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have the opportunity to set up any type of breeder tank I want to.

After a long illness that has made my life difficult and kept me away from the hobby I was offered an opportunity to breed for a reputable distributor that heard my sob story. I was offered all the equipment needed to set up any type of breeder tank and support tanks necessary. I will not be able to privately sell and price points on breeding pairs is a non issue.

My personal experience in successful breeding ranges from labyrinth mouth brooders and bubble nesters, all common varieties of live bearers, cory cats, kribs, rams, convicts, dempsies and other easy to breed sa monsters.

I am also interested in everyones opinions on what a fun high tech planted breeder would consist of.

I'm greatly appreciative of any and all input received. Thank you!!

Lots of people like to breed discus. Run for a lot and are profitable breeders. They do need very precise care and pristine water quality. Keyhole cichlids are cool, pretty mellow. You could do angelfish, lots of varieties to choose from. Good luck and keep us updated!

Lots of people like to breed discus. Run for a lot and are profitable breeders. They do need very precise care and pristine water quality. Keyhole cichlids are cool, pretty mellow. You could do angelfish, lots of varieties to choose from. Good luck and keep us updated!

Thank you for your reply. One of the fish on my top 10 was the angel, they seem like they would be just slightly more difficult than dempseys and firemouths in water quality and a lot easier in terms of tanks needed and aggression.

I may contemplate discus after a couple successful broods of fry that weren't semi accidental of moderately difficult to species- but after the loss of my flowerhorn due to my 3 month absence ( I compensated for lack of proper filtration with large frequent water changes) my confidence in fishkeeping isn't up for the ego bruise of the loss of the first few clutches.

That being said- do you have any personal experience with breeding angels? If so- what would you suggest for ideal dimensions and equipment?

Ok... So the more I scan around and research breeding prospects I am thinking that I may be more interested in breeding species with more intense spawning conditioning with lower fry rates.... Perhaps L number pleco?

Back
Top Bottom