IF your in B.C where are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I'm only an hour away! I'm in Vanderhoof. It's Petland for me too or Total Pet if I'm desperate! I wish we had more options!!!"

I know! Pet Cetera closed and now Walmart doesn't even have a fish section!! Ridiculous!

Maybe you guys in the central interior could start a club and trade and breed fish yourselves and get together for the odd swap meet. Just a thought.

Brentwood Bay, Vancouver Island. I get my fish Safari Pets and Creatures great and Small in Victoria.

Hi there im from Cranbrook and my LFS is Just for Pets and Fish and Gecko stores,
anyone close to me?

Victoria - I like Creatures and Safari. I've seen various puffers at both, including really sweet pea puffers. Not sure if that's what Deep Seven was looking for.

Hi all I am in Abbotsford switching from fresh water to salt anyone know the best place to shop for skimmers ect. heading to Island pets on Saturday to check them out. :D

Anyone in Victoria willing to sell any plants cheaply? Mine have been wiped out by a Cyanobacteria outbreak. I am setting up a new tank because I can't kick the Cyanobacteria in this one and will need to get all new plants.

All my fish and coral from AquariumsWest have been top notch. They have really good prices on salt water livestock.

I'm from Maple Ridge but work Downtown Vancouver so I usually use AquariumsWest....

Hello from Parksville! Had a close pet store, but it closed and now it's petsmart for me :( 20-30min drive away.

Hi I'm from vancouver. I have fish..been a hobbyist since 12 years old. My hobby turned into a business. My main business is pet grooming.
I see someone from trail. I was born there.
All those small towns..I hear the supply and quality aren't the best.
Abbotsford...I'd talk to rob at pet lovers. He's knowledgeable and can source stuff. He does a lot of salt.
Chilliwack, animal house is good. Healthy fish. I like to support mom and pop petshops where available. Otherwise they will be a thing of the past.

Arg, just post a reply, then watched it disappear....

Oh well! I'm from Abbotsford as well - currently doing a fish-less cycle on a new 55 gallon tank - the first one that I've done to please ME (the others have been for our son :)

I'm loving the forum - thanks for the articles and advice, oh and the shiny pictures too!

Susan

i am also from Vancouver, my choice of LFS were Ocean Aquatics, sad to see them close down, now only going to JL and sometime King ED pet

I live in east van, I go to big Al's but they've changed their name and I don't remember what it was (oops) but they have good selection and big tanks :)

I'm in Comox. the LFS here is staffed by idiots. Sadly that is a harsh understatement. Fortunately Campbell River has a very knowledgable staff and so does Clearwater ponds in Parksville. At the intersection of Hwy 4 Alt and Errington. Lots of fresh and (for me) saltwater fish and supplies.
JLAquatics has also been my go to company for supplies and equipment. Excellent price, even with the shipping charges for me.

Back
Top Bottom