Ill Molly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy fm

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my big Black Molly doesn’t appear well. There’s nothing apparently wrong with him. He doesn’t have ant fungus or ich and his fins appear fine. He’s just swimming a little “funny” thinking maybe something with his swim bladder. All the other fish are fine. However they are nippy with him. Even the babies. I don’t want to use meds, so I put in a tablespoon of salt. Is there anything else I can do. Also no bloat or anything really apparent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard, higher ph.,but the fish have been fine with it. Molly’s like harder water. Seems ok. This morning,maybe he just wanted more salt.

It all sounds fine to me. Might be old age.

Normal water change and nothing changed in tank? I find that a really large water change can put them off a bit for example.

I did a large water change last Sunday, because I accidentally dropped the ph. To acidic and then did two water changes to fix that .
The other fish seemed fine with all of that.

I did a large water change last Sunday, because I accidentally dropped the ph. To acidic and then did two water changes to fix that .
The other fish seemed fine with all of that.

Maybe you should try moving him into a little aquarium all by himself and try the medication

He seems better today. Not sure of his age, but I’ve had him for nine months and he was fully grown when I got him.

Up date on Molly, still don’t know what was bothering him, but he had been fine, since last post.

Back
Top Bottom