I'm almost positive my Molly is dying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amoore74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It was just fine and I got home from class and found it stuck to the filter I moved it and now it's barely swimming looks like it's moving sideways. And one of my fish I originally thought was a male is huge. But it had been eating all of the food from the other fish so it could just be overrating. And idk if the black one is sick too or not

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 40
Ive had those days :( ... Once your Molly is too weak to swim off the filter, it's gonna die real soon... How are your other fish acting/looking? :confused:

One of them is huge here it is. I think it's a male that's just overeating. He eats up all the food from the other fish.

Attachments

• IMG_8551.jpg
    IMG_8551.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 39
Her is the other she's a female I thought she was pregnant but when I got home today she was small again she had been a bit big for a minute but she's not acting sus.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 35
Maybe like a month now. I've been feeding them frozen blood worms I just switched back to flakes like a week ago.

It's always a good idea to keep their food varied. A person can't survive on only meat or only green beans, and it's the same for the mollies.
Beside that point, there's a good chance that your male may very well be stealing all the food. Have you tried placing food in two different places?

He swims so fast he just eats everything and keep doubling back and forth to make sure it's gone

Well I myself have a tank full of molly babies who love to eat everything before my cories can. I always take the pellets I'm gonna feed them and break them into pieces, dropping them in literally four different places, giving the catfish time to eat some before the babies find all of it. :fish2: I wish you luck on that.
As for wellness, please continue to watch them. If anything changes with them let us know immediately so we can try to save them together. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom