I'm Gonna be a Dad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I haven't posted in AGES.

Long story short: My wife is 9 months pregnant, due in a week.

Last christmas we had a big ice storm that wiped out my tank. Its never been the same.

My LED lights are on the fritz (Ballast is going, it keeps dimming and going bright (like a cloudy day)

And last week, My canister filter bit the dust - I cleaned it out, checked impeller, used an old impelllor and shaft I had laying around - Just almost NO power - 9/10 times it won't even start.

And with the tank at its absolute WORST... My angels are somehow at their best and have decided to pair up and breed

...for the first time EVER.

...On the inlet pipe of my dead fluval.

So, Assuming Pump was more important than light I bought one on amazon on the cheap (SunSun/aquatop 300)

Naturally I can't disturb the inlet pipe or risk all the eggs.

How do I know if the eggs are viable? how long will the angels be super protective? Do I have a hope of having some survive? Tank is 78f, PH (last time I checked, 6 months ago) was around 7.8, and my nitrates have been fairly in check for... forever. (Planted, overgorwn tank) Cherry Barbs, Corydora, 2 mollies and a male guppy... and a metric TON of snails.

I'm thinking they'd only lay eggs if they were happy - So should I Just leave it be with the bad filtration and do very frequent but small water changes?

Ugh! Also, My wife is ready to POP with our first child (Girl!) - Due date in 11 days!

:fish2:
Thanks in advance.

Do you have room to add the other filer until the eggs hatch?

Congrats on the baby. I have a 13 and 10 year old. Best years of my life. Even if they have me gray hairs.

I would leave the inlet pipe there and remove the old filter. Put all the media in new filter and setup the new filter.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

First congratulations on being a dad ,
and wow a fish daddy too .

Best years of my life. Even if they gave me gray hairs.

Don't bring up all them gray hairs I have tons lol

I would leave the inlet pipe there and remove the old filter. Put all the media in new filter and setup the new filter.

I would say that is a good thought

Well, I just took a good look, waiting to go to the hospital again. (My wife's water broke at 1030 last night)

The eggs are gone, the fish are peaceful again. I think they ate them.

Here's hoping we make better parents. Lol!

Sent from my A0001 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom