Im looking for a digital camera...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millipede

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm trying to figure a way out to get pictures up. I want to show a few fish off as well as the coconut shells I make. I really want a digital camera but they are sooooo expensive. I really can't afford one at all. I was thinking of putting a post in the barter/trade section but I can't think of anything I have that someone might want. I could make simple decorations for a tank or maybe try and make a painting of a fish for someone, something like that but I can't think of too much else. Oh, I just thought of a few more things... I could write a song about someones pet... hahaha.. or I have an old computer monitor I plan on turning into a terrarium or something similar, I could trade that for a camera... I don't know, help me out... Right now my only option is taking pictures with my regular camera and scanning them.. The problem with that is when I take a picture of something I might still have a dozen pics left on the roll and don't know when I'll develop it... and then I have to go over my friends house to scan it and when I get the pic up on my pc it really doesn't look that great. If anyone has any suggestions or a digital camera they feel like giving me or there is something you might trade it for, please let me know... thanks... and fishfreek... those snowflakes are quite cool....... :lol:

The only suggestion I can make right now (besides saving your money and looking on Ebay) is to have your prints put on a CD at the photo developers, the quality should be higher than the scanned image if your friend has a low end scanner.

digital camera...

Hey reefrunner... I did get some pics on cd a while back. They came out ok. But to update, so no one thinks I need a camera, I got one the other week. I only have like two pics in my gallery but will get some more up soon. I was at Walmart and saw this camera on clearance. I'm sure it's a cheapo but it works. It was $85 marked down from $98. I had to buy a 128MB chip for it that costs $23 which isn't too bad considering how many pics I can take on it. It's a Concord eyeQ 3042AF if that means anything... 3.1 megapixels so that's not bad for what I paid for it. It has a digital zoom instead of an optical one but the pictures come out a lot better than if I tried to scan some at my friends house so I am happy. Haven't figured out all the buttons and stuff but I'm liking it. You'll see more pics from me soon...

Back
Top Bottom