Im new to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saxton6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone.. I'm new to this whole thing.. This social group and my family and I are just starting our very first fish experience!! He recently got a 10 gallon tank and have a family of baby dalmation Molly babies with 2 Chinese algae eaters. Our molly's are only 8 weeks old and we have 8 of them. Like I said we are very inexperienced fish people. My kids begged me for fish.. And I finally gave in and here we are :) any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Looking forward to learning and succeeding in the fish world!!

Hello and welcome! I'd say your tank might be overstocked, but I hope that others will weigh in. Do you have filtration on your tank? I kinda came into the fish keeping world backwards, but have learned so much in the past few months.

Any pics to share?

I'm fairly new myself! :)

I only have a few pics. We've only had the fish for 2 days. But I'll post them. I've been told an inch of fish per 1gallon.. So far they all seem really comfortable together. I'm sure once they get bigger, we'll be investing in another tank :) eventually add different types of fish also.

Saxton6 said:
Hi everyone.. I'm new to this whole thing.. This social group and my family and I are just starting our very first fish experience!! He recently got a 10 gallon tank and have a family of baby dalmation Molly babies with 2 Chinese algae eaters. Our molly's are only 8 weeks old and we have 8 of them. Like I said we are very inexperienced fish people. My kids begged me for fish.. And I finally gave in and here we are :) any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Looking forward to learning and succeeding in the fish world!!

Hi there! Have you heard about cycling? Have a look at this :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/i-jus...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html

Back
Top Bottom