In need of a timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DuBz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am in need of a good timer for my lights. I have three different outlets (1 actinic, 1 t5, and 1 moonlight led)
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good one?
I also need to buy a refractometer. I would love any advice!

I got my refractometer on eBay.

Any decent timer from a hardware or department store will be fine.

DuBz said:
I am in need of a good timer for my lights. I have three different outlets (1 actinic, 1 t5, and 1 moonlight led)
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good one?
I also need to buy a refractometer. I would love any advice!

I got mine off drfostersmith

I'm planning on getting a refractometer from Dr. F&S as well.
My understanding with timers is just buy the normal old home timers, like from Walmart.

Check the Coralife brand. You need 3 plugs with different timers. They have one with yellow plugs for the daylight, blue for the actinic, and the black one which automatically turns on when the other two go off. Don't do 3 timers from the hardware store.

Do the actinic and t5's go on at the same time? Or should I be doing it differently? I don't have corals yet. Just live rock and some fish and cleaning crew.

Also thanks everyone for the help. Decided to check eBay for refractometer. My lighting is a corallife brand with two actinic and two t5ho along with moonlighting leds. So I assume a corallife timer would probably be a good idea :p

I got a refractometer from ebay. Shipped from somewhere in Asia quicker than other things I've bought online, and for about half the price!

I like actinics on first for an hour then daylghts on along with them, the daylighrts off with actinics still on for another hour. The timer ( black outlets) automatically turns the nite lights on when the other two are off. Total actinic and day light from 8-10 hrs.

Thanks everyone. Got the refractometer on eBay and got some timers at wal mart. I was going to buy a timer device all on one but I went the cheap route and didn't have patience to wait for shipping!

Back
Top Bottom