Indented ill Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeydee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just noticed today that one of my Angels isnt eating and has a wierd indent as shown, does anyone have any idea on whats wrong?!?

Attachments

• 20181121_203937.jpg
    20181121_203937.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20181121_203934.jpg
    20181121_203934.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 58
Unfortunately, it looks like your angel has tuberculosis (Mycobacteriosis). I'd quarantine immediately then plan on either trying to medicate...very low success rate....or euthanizing.

The open sore, lack of appetite and emaciation is pretty common signs of tuberculosis. It is also contagious.

Thanks for the reply, was a tad worried when I found out TB is contagious to humans but was relieved it is nowhere near as serious as the well known human strain! Even so still need to be careful!! Unfortunately my Angel died in the night which is sad but probably for the best given the prognosis, he was always on the small side and a bit of a runt which did make him a favourite:( Bit worried that one of the other Angels was pecking at his wound yesterday so will keep an eye on him. RIP Bubbles:fish2:

If I remember right you only have to worry about infecting yourself if you have open cuts/cracked hands and you put your bare hands in the tank. Wouldn't hurt to wear some rubber gloves though.

The fact he was stunted is another sign of TB.

Definitely keep a close eye on your other Angel. TB can be hard to remove from a tank. It sometimes requires a complete break down, sterilization and start over. Can wipe out all your fish as well.

Sorry for your loss and the bad news [emoji852]️

Back
Top Bottom