Infected Goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jawfishjunky

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Sand-Sifting Hector`s Goby (similiar in behavior to Rainford Goby). He has a small Light Red/Pinkish colored area near a gill. Can anyone help diagnose/suggest treatment. He`s in with a lot of live rock and a lot growing on it.
Thank you.

Picture , behaviours changes , water perameters , tank size , other inhibatants . More info needed for most to help ...

Sadielynn said:
Picture , behaviours changes , water perameters , tank size , other inhibatants . More info needed for most to help ...

I agree we need more info and pic also if possible

OK--thanks---will gather info.

Maybe I should re-post in Sick Fish Forum? I didnt notice it before. Sorry.

melosu58 said:
Sadielynn said:

I agree we need more info and pic also if possible

Normal PH,Ammonia,Nitrate,Nitrite
65 Gal,
Only tank mates: Goby in question + 6 Line Wrasse

No Behavior changes. The Goby continues to eat up a storm , sand sifting all day. The fish has absolutely gained body mass since Ive had it.
I have not observed the wrasse to bother the Goby (and I observe the aquarium often).

I think the spot may be wound rather than infection. It seems to be receding on its own.

All help is appreciated.

Attachments

• s_gill_spot_120.jpg
    s_gill_spot_120.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 35
That really looks like some sort of trauma . Keep the water pristine and him fed, also keep it as low stress in the tank as possible . I think that with that he will heal with time .

Sadielynn said:
That really looks like some sort of trauma . Keep the water pristine and him fed, also keep it as low stress in the tank as possible . I think that with that he will heal with time .

When you say "Trauma"----do you mean a physical wound, like a scrape, cut, bite or abrasion?

Thank you for reply.

Yes that is what I mean be it a bite, cut, scrape, ect. Should heal with time as said above . HTH :)

Back
Top Bottom