Information on Coppersafe please???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SPENCERSmommy09

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have been battling ich for about 2-3 weeks now. And I have already lost one clown loach to a secondary infection. Anywho when I went to the store to try something new besides Kordon Ich Attack I picked up coppersafe... the only product in stock that the man at the store told me I could use with cory cats and plecos...

So I thought I would get some information on the product by some people who might actually have fish at home that have delt with this (lol). So I have a few questions.

Is coppersafe safe for plecos and cory cats? I added half a dose to the tank because it says that you may want to use half a dose for scaleless or sensitive fish.

If so do I need to 1/2 dose it?

Will the medication still stop the ich even at half dose?

Has anyone used this as a preventive for ich? (like it says it can be used on the box)?

And lastly, I hope this doesn't sound rude... but I have already been on another site where I got really bad info... so I do NOT want to raise my tank water to 86 degrees. My fish stress out and die. Also I have already added (VERY little salt) and it did not work either. I would just like information on Coppersafe or another ich medication that is safe for the fish I have. Thanks so much for your time!

2 dwarf graumi
2 bala sharks (with ich)
2 bubble bee platties (one with light ich)
1 orange and black mollie (he acts depressed since his mate died)
2 long skirt tetras
1 albino cory cat
1 common pleco

Back
Top Bottom